For parents/families the network
- Provides specialised modules from the core professional development modules; this will be tailored to suit the needs of parents/families (e.g. general disability awareness, assessment, understanding collaborative working and the team). The FIESTA training modules are available to registered members only, to register and access the 3 online learning modules click here.
- Provides a starter kit for parents/families to facilitate smooth transition which is available online.
- Provides regional and European perspectives on managing transition. Download the FIESTA Literature Review, which examines 8 European countries experiences of transition and inclusion.
- Actively involves parents/families in the network during the research phase through focus groups and dissemination of shared experiences online and at international conferences. The online story telling application is available for you to learn from other parents experiences of transition and inclusion via our YouTube channel.
- Provides best practice models used within schools during periods of transition through online tools and international conferences. The comprehensive best practice report is available for download here.
Managing Transition Resource Pack now available!
The Managing Transition Resource Pack provides sample strategies for enabling successful transition for children with additional educational needs. It also provides detailed descriptions of the FIESTA resources available to stakeholders mainly - pupils with additional educational needs, teachers, principals, and support staff, parents of children with additional educational needs, health professionals and voluntary agencies. This pack will enable you to pin point which resources are suitable for your individual needs. Download MTRP here.
Experiences from Transition
We interviewed pupils and their families about transition experiences in 8 European countries. Recorded interviews are available via Fiesta Network's YouTube channel: